| || ||
Real Criminal Record Searches
Frequently Asked Questions
| || |
- Can anyone run a criminal background search for any reason?
Criminal records are public records and access is permitted under the Freedom of Information Act. However, if you use a 3rd party (such as a background investigation company like us) then your use of the records is restricted. Through use of our friendly "Order Wizard" you will learn what FCRA restrictions may apply depending on the type of record search you wish to order.
- Will the subject of the report know that I am having a background check done on him/her?
In employment, tenant, and business-transaction situations (or any FCRA-purpose) you will need to obtain consent from the applicant advising them of the background check. If your purpose is purely personal, then you do not need to obtain consent and the subject will not be notified.
- I know the person has a record, and I ran a nationwide search, but no record was reported.
Despite the proliferation of digital data, a majority of criminal records are only still only accessible at the county court level, and will not appear in a Nationwide database search. Also, we will not return any nationwide search result unless we can match the person’s name and one other identifier (such as date of birth or address).
- Can I order a batch of records instead of typing them in on a web form?
Yes, through our sister company, Court Diligence, LLC. If you regularly have batches of multiple orders, please go to www.courtdiligence.com
to set up a reseller account.
- Can I resell the reports that I order?
Reports ordered on Backsearched.com may not be resold. However, our sister company, Court Diligence, LLC. specializes in reseller accounts. Please go to www.courtdiligence.com
- Do you report dismissed cases and pending cases, or convictions only?
At a minimum, convictions will be reported. If your purpose is employment, this is the only
type of case that will be reported. Otherwise, we will report dismissed and / or pending cases as well. Sealed or expunged cases will never be reported.